Friday, July 27, 2018

August TBR


Today I thought I would do something different and will be sharing with you my ‘to be read’ list for August. I tend to be a bit ambitious with my monthly TBRs, but I like to give myself a challenge. That is especially true this month as my mother is coming to visit for the whole month (we live in separate countries so long visits are a must). Something you also need to know about me is that I am a mood reader, this means that I will most likely be reading books that aren’t on the list as well as (hopefully) all the ones that are. I also have a few books on hold at the library, so if they come through, I will be reading them (but they will not be on this list). As a further note, the reviews of these books may or may not be posted in August (they might be posted in the following months). So here we go:

Christian Non-fiction –

The Overcoming Life by Dwight L Moody

A Shiver of Wonder: A Life of C S Lewis by Derick Bingham



Christian Fiction –

DragonLight by Donita Paul (fantasy)

Searching for Sara by Nona Mae King (historical)

Raspberries and Vinegar by Valerie Comer (contemporary)



Fantasy –

Heartstone by Elle Katharine White

The Lost Kingdom of Bamarre by Gail Carson Levine (middle grade)



Poetry –

The Swamps of Sleethe by Jack Prelutsky

The Place Within by Pope John Paul II (translated by Jerzy Peterkiewicz)

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Mysterious Benedict Society and the Prisoner's Dilemma

  The Mysterious Benedict Society and the Prisoner’s Dilemma by Trenton Lee Stewart is the third book in his children’s adventure series. W...