Monday, May 4, 2020

Humble Roots Review


Humble Roots by Hannah Anderson is a Christian non-fiction book on the topic of humility.



I gave this book 4 out of 5 stars.

I really like Anderson’s writing style. She has a wonderful way of putting things into words that brings true clarity of both the concept and what it looks like in application. I also find the horticultural examples very fitting not only because of how aptly they do apply to the topic, but because that happens to be my own field of study. There are some very important messages in this book that I would really like to take away and apply to my own life.

For being such a strong book, it is also kind of forgettable. By the end I had to go back through the book to see which parts I noted or highlighted in order to accurately gage how I feel about the book as a whole. This might be one I will have to revisit many times for the information to stick. Even so, I would still recommend this book for all Christians.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Mysterious Benedict Society and the Prisoner's Dilemma

  The Mysterious Benedict Society and the Prisoner’s Dilemma by Trenton Lee Stewart is the third book in his children’s adventure series. W...