Saturday, May 9, 2020

The Fellowship of the Ring Review


The Fellowship of the Ring by J R R Tolkien is the first two books of the Lord of the Rings series. We follow Frodo as he gets the Ring and the adventures that being a ring-bearer forces him into.



I gave this book 3.5 out of 5 stars. It was interesting and I liked it for the most part. I enjoyed getting to know the characters and especially watching how they dealt with everything that happened. Being familiar with the movies, I found it fascinating to see the differences and the depth that couldn’t be captured in the film.

The part I struggled with the most was the slow pacing. Sometimes it felt like nothing was happening even though a summarization showed that there was plenty of action taking place. Perhaps it is Tolkien’s writing style, but it felt slow and sluggish at times.

Overall, it was a pleasant read and I look forward to seeing where the story goes from here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Mysterious Benedict Society and the Prisoner's Dilemma

  The Mysterious Benedict Society and the Prisoner’s Dilemma by Trenton Lee Stewart is the third book in his children’s adventure series. W...