Tuesday, July 26, 2022

Mount Hope Review

 

Mount Hope by Sarah Price is an Amish retelling of Jane Austen’s Mansfield Park. We follow Fanny Price, a young Amish girl who is sent away from her poor family to live with her well off relatives in another Amish settlement.

 

I gave this book 4.5 out of 5 stars. This was a wonderful Mansfield Park retelling. As before, I was impressed with Price’s writing style; the comfort and ease of reading her work. I loved how well the story translated to the Amish setting. Furthermore, the faith element fit so well and rang a cord of truth whenever present. It was also really nice to see how she developed the characters and filled out the end of the book where Jane Austen rushed it. Not once did I feel like the events were forced into the setting or out of place in it. This was everything I wanted from a retelling.

After reading this book I am eager to get to the other books in Price’s Amish Classics series.


No comments:

Post a Comment

The Mysterious Benedict Society and the Prisoner's Dilemma

  The Mysterious Benedict Society and the Prisoner’s Dilemma by Trenton Lee Stewart is the third book in his children’s adventure series. W...