Friday, November 23, 2018

Cheers to the Diaper Years Review

Cheers to the Diaper Years: 10 Truths for Thriving While Barely Surviving by Erin Brown Hollis is a Christian non-fiction book on the topic of motherhood. 

I gave this book 3 out of 5 stars. It was okay. I am sorry to say that I found her voice to be choppy and often like she is trying too hard to be “our friend.” I also found myself frequently confused by how she phrased things. On top of that, sometimes it felt like she was making references (maybe to movies? music?) that I just didn’t get.
However, the main content was helpful, encouraging, valuable and timely for me. I needed reminders like it not being a mistake that I am mother to my kids and that God cares more about the state of my heart than the state of my house. Hollis had some very important truths here; some that we either forget to apply to our motherhood status or we kind of know in the back of our mind but never stopped to really dwell on, etc.
Overall, I appreciated what she had to say, just didn’t mesh well with her voice.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Mysterious Benedict Society and the Prisoner's Dilemma

  The Mysterious Benedict Society and the Prisoner’s Dilemma by Trenton Lee Stewart is the third book in his children’s adventure series. W...