Wednesday, April 17, 2019

The Distance Between Us Review


The Distance Between Us by Kasie West is a young adult contemporary novel. This book is about 17-year-old Caymen who has lived in the small apartment above her mother’s porcelain doll shop her whole life. From there she had a great view of the rich clientele, that plus her mother’s warnings have left her with a very negative view of the wealthy. Until Xander shows up oozing “wealth” to get his Grandmother a doll and challenges all her beliefs on the rich.



I gave this book 4 out of 5 stars. I really enjoyed this story. It is very different than anything I have read before. As I expect from her works I flew through it and was on the edge of my seat the entire time. I found the topic quite interesting, but it isn’t really my favorite.

The characters were very well developed and fun to follow, but I lacked the relatability. Thankfully I was still invested in them and their story enough to stick with the story. These weren’t my favorite characters by West, but they were still high quality and multidimensional and flawed like I expect from her.  

Overall, this was a good book, it just wasn’t one of my favorites by her.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Mysterious Benedict Society and the Prisoner's Dilemma

  The Mysterious Benedict Society and the Prisoner’s Dilemma by Trenton Lee Stewart is the third book in his children’s adventure series. W...