Thursday, January 30, 2020

Little Women Review


Little Women by Louisa May Alcott is a classic book about 4 sisters. It is sometimes divided into two books “Little Women” and “Good Wives”, but I read a copy where these two portions were put together. We follow Meg, Jo, Beth and Amy as they grow up and face life during and after the Civil War in the United States.

I gave this book 5 out of 5 stars. This is simply a wonderful book. I’m not sure there is anything that I would change about it or wish was done differently. For a classic, this is a very easy read. The language and writing style are beautiful yet approachable and easily understandable. I would recommend this for anyone who is just starting with classics.

The characters are all well developed and interesting to follow. They each felt so real that I wished I could meet them in person. I don’t have a particular favorite of the sisters but enjoyed each of their stories immensely.

I love the family dynamic of the story, how different the sisters each were and yet they all had the same strong family and moral foundation that carried them through their lives. It was also nice to see the sisters grow from childhood into adulthood and watch how they dealt with the events of life. The story was funny, heartwarming, sad and beautiful. A must read.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Mysterious Benedict Society and the Prisoner's Dilemma

  The Mysterious Benedict Society and the Prisoner’s Dilemma by Trenton Lee Stewart is the third book in his children’s adventure series. W...