Wednesday, February 12, 2020

Jo's Boys Review


Jo’s Boys and How They Turned Out is the third and last book in the Little Women series. It follows the children from Little Men as they grow up and become adults.



I gave this book 5 out of 5 stars. I really liked this sequel. It goes back to the same feel we got in LW/ GW with the familiar and comforting writing style. What makes the difference, I think, is that there is a feeling that the story is going somewhere; that it is not just a collection of short stories. I find this format far more enjoyable to read.

The characters were delightful to follow. I really liked their coming of age stories, what they went through and where they ended up. It is nice to have the context of Little Men but seeing them here helped me to feel the connection and investment that I didn’t get from that book.
Overall, it was worth slogging a bit through Little Men to reach this gem of a book.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Mysterious Benedict Society and the Prisoner's Dilemma

  The Mysterious Benedict Society and the Prisoner’s Dilemma by Trenton Lee Stewart is the third book in his children’s adventure series. W...