Saturday, April 25, 2020

Wundersmith Review


Wundersmith: The Calling of Morrigan Crow by Jessica Townsend is the second book in her Nevermore middle grade fantasy series. We follow Morrigan as she begins her studies in the Wonderous Society with the other 8 kids chosen at her trial.



I gave this book 4.5 out of 5 stars. This was a fantastic read. As sequels go, it was super strong. The characters were quirky and fun and interesting. I really like Morrigan and seeing the world through her eyes. We don’t get to know many of the other characters in much depth, but I hope that will change in the future books. What I do know of them I like, so far.

The story was gripping and thrilling and fast paced. It had major Harry Potter vibes (which is a good thing). The plot twists didn’t really take me by surprise, but I didn’t mind that too much. Overall it was lots of fun, eliciting a wide range of emotions and I am so eager to see what the next book in the series will hold.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Mysterious Benedict Society and the Prisoner's Dilemma

  The Mysterious Benedict Society and the Prisoner’s Dilemma by Trenton Lee Stewart is the third book in his children’s adventure series. W...