Friday, July 20, 2018

DragonQuest Review




DragonQuest is the second book in the DragonKeeper Chronicles by Donita Paul. It is about former slave Kale who is the new Dragon Keeper and follower of Paladin. She has just finished her first quest to find and recover the meech egg from wizard Risto and is finally at the Hall for her training. However, circumstances soon thrust her into early wizarding apprenticeship and another quest to rescue a new meech dragon in the clutches of Risto.


I gave this book a 3.5 out of 5 stars. Like the first book, the writing is nice and easy to read. The pacing was a bit better in this one as well. We got to know more about some of the characters we already are acquainted with, along with the introduction of a few new ones. Wizard Fenworth is probably my favorite character in this series so far, he is so quirky and adorable (the one that feels the most 'real' to me). 
I found this plot to be a little more interesting than that of the first book; but certain elements were far more predictable (so I didn’t understand how Kale couldn’t see it). Kale is still a struggle for me to connect to or fully understand; she and I just aren’t on the same wave length. But I am still interested in her story and curious to see what will happen to her in the coming books.


In the end, I did enjoy reading this book and look hopefully toward what comes next for Kale (perhaps a breakthrough for me and her character).

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Mysterious Benedict Society and the Prisoner's Dilemma

  The Mysterious Benedict Society and the Prisoner’s Dilemma by Trenton Lee Stewart is the third book in his children’s adventure series. W...