Friday, September 28, 2018

October TBR





This month’s TBR is shorter than normal because I am going to try to do a theme focus for the month: children and middle grade books (branching many genres). However, I do still have to give that mystery book a try. I might just have to grit my teeth and jump in, hoping that I get in the mood once I start reading it. I also still do have books on hold at the library, and if they come through I will read them too. So the only specific books on my TBR are:


Christian Non-fiction :
Shepherding a Child’s Heart by Ted Tripp
Hopeful Parenting by David Jeremiah
Grace Based Parenting by Tim Kimmel

Mystery :
Midbury Murders: A Horticultural Nightmare by Martina Thurlow


Here is a sneak peak at a few of the books that I plan on reading within the theme :

Christian:
The Princess and the Goblin by George MacDonald (fantasy)
North or Be Eaten by Andrew Peterson (fantasy)

Classics:

The Enchanted Castle by Edith Nesbit (fantasy)
The Mysterious Benedict Society by Trenton Lee Stuart
The Voyages of Dr. Dolittle by Hugh Lofting
Heidi by Johanna Spyri

Fantasy:
Gregor the Overlander by Suzanne Collins
Nevermore: The Trials of Morrigan Crow by Jessica Townsend 







No comments:

Post a Comment

The Mysterious Benedict Society and the Prisoner's Dilemma

  The Mysterious Benedict Society and the Prisoner’s Dilemma by Trenton Lee Stewart is the third book in his children’s adventure series. W...