Thursday, March 26, 2020

Eidolon Review


Eidolon by Grace Draven is the second book in her fantasy Wraith Kings series. It picks up where we left off in the first book and follows the fall out, especially on Ildiko and Brishen. I don’t want to say much more than that so as not to spoil anything from the first book.



I gave this book 4 out of 5 stars. I really liked it, which surprised me. At the end of the first book I didn’t like the direction shift that the author made in the plot and so I was thinking that I wouldn’t really enjoy this book. However, she drew me in and I had a wonderful time. Draven’s plot building is strong, even if it takes turns that I didn’t particularly like. I still found it fascinating and gripping to read. I also really like her writing style; something about it just clicks for me.

The characters were the best part. I love how she builds them up and how we can grow with them through their experiences. There is some descriptive sexual content, but just as in the first book, I can respect her use of it as not just in there to be there but shows character growth/ relationship building/ emotional healing.

I am very glad that I gave this one a try despite my misgivings. Now I look forward to the next book in the series and can’t wait for it to come out.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Mysterious Benedict Society and the Prisoner's Dilemma

  The Mysterious Benedict Society and the Prisoner’s Dilemma by Trenton Lee Stewart is the third book in his children’s adventure series. W...