Tuesday, August 23, 2022

A Gathering of Memories Review

 

A Gathering of Memories by Lori Wick is the last book in her “Long Road Home” historical Christian fiction series. We follow Amanda Jackson when her mother dies leaving her to take care of her 4 younger siblings as their father has been gone for a long time and they don’t know where he is or when he will return. Ross Beckett has become a lawyer and has moved his practice to Baxter following a call from God.

 

I gave this book 4 out of 5 stars. This was an absolutely lovely read. The characters were charming to follow. I enjoyed seeing all the familiar faces from the first three books and getting glimpses into what happens in their futures. However, it was just as pleasing to follow Ross, who was a side character in book 3, as the main male lead here along with some new characters.

Not only are the characters interesting and enjoyable to watch, but the plot is smooth and quick to follow. The plot is primarily character driven, but there is a small bit of action in a subplot. Normally I prefer plot driven books, but this one caught my interest and kept me invested the whole way through. As with all Wick books, it has a solidly wrapped up ending (which I enjoyed).

The faith element is very strong in this book and some might consider it “preachy”, but I had no problem with it.

As the end of the series I am also very pleased with how it all came together and where we leave these wonderful characters. I love the sense of family, love, and hope we are left with. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

The Mysterious Benedict Society and the Prisoner's Dilemma

  The Mysterious Benedict Society and the Prisoner’s Dilemma by Trenton Lee Stewart is the third book in his children’s adventure series. W...