Friday, August 5, 2022

The Mysterious Benedict Society Review

 

 The Mysterious Benedict Society by Trenton Lee Stewart is the first book in a children’s mystery, adventure series. It is about 4 kids (2 boys and 2 girls) who answer a mysterious add in a newspaper and pass a set of bizarre tests. This sets them on a secret mission that will take all of their giftedness and creativity to make it out.

 

This book got 4.5 out of 5 stars from me. I really liked this story. The characters were all so interesting and funny and constantly taking me by surprise. They were unique and well developed and relatable. I appreciated how the 4 kids were all special in a different way and/ or a way we may not have thought of as special. The side characters were memorable and diverse.

The plot was so intriguing. I was constantly on the edge of my seat wondering what would happen next and being taken by surprise. The twists and turns were so entertaining and fun. I loved the riddles and mysteries and all the interesting information included in the story. This was truly an enjoyable read and one that adults as well as children would love.

I don’t really even have more to say, except that it was a wonderful read and I am eagerly looking forward to the next book in the series.


No comments:

Post a Comment

The Mysterious Benedict Society and the Prisoner's Dilemma

  The Mysterious Benedict Society and the Prisoner’s Dilemma by Trenton Lee Stewart is the third book in his children’s adventure series. W...