Friday, August 31, 2018

August Overview


Here is my wrap up of the month of August. I am really pleased with the number of books I was able to get through this month, especially considering my Mother’s visit. I did get to a few of the books on my TBR, but more were mood reads or books I had on hold at the library that came through. I also thought I would begin to add the new children’s books I read with my kids to the list. Just like last month I will list them by genre and put a * by the books that I have posted a review of and a > by the ones with a review coming.

Christian Non-fiction –
The Overcoming Life by Dwight L Moody*

Christian Fiction –
The Redeeming by Tamara Leigh (historical)*
Searching for Sara by Nona Mae King (historical)*
DragonLight by Donita Paul (fantasy)*
The Life and Death of Mr. Badman by John Bunyan (classic)>

Fantasy –
Wildwood Imperium by Colin Meloy (middle grade)*
Heartstone by Elle Katherine White*
The Hazel Wood by Melissa Albert (young adult)>

Contemporary Fiction –
Dear Mr. Knightley by Katherine Reay*

Poetry –
The Swamps of Sleethe by Jack Prelutsky
Under the Mesquite by Guadalupe Garcia McCall (novel in verse)
Milk and Honey by Rupi Kaur

Children –
The Snail and the Whale by Julia Donaldson
Room on the Broom by Julia Donaldson
A Squash and a Squeeze by Julia Donaldson
Charlie Cook’s Favorite Book by Julia Donaldson
Monkey Puzzle by Julia Donaldson
The Smartest Giant in Town by Julia Donaldson

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Mysterious Benedict Society and the Prisoner's Dilemma

  The Mysterious Benedict Society and the Prisoner’s Dilemma by Trenton Lee Stewart is the third book in his children’s adventure series. W...