Friday, February 8, 2019

In His Image Review


In His Image by Jen Wilkin is a Christian non-fiction book on the topic of knowing God’s will for our lives.


I gave this book 4.5 out of 5 stars. This is a wonderful and powerful book. The content is very well researched and beautifully presented. I found it inspirational and had many moments of increased clarity on the sub-categories, not to mention finding it convicting (in a positive way). The quotes at the beginning of each chapter were very well chosen and worked to pull me into that sub-topic. I also found the question section and recommended prayer at the end of each chapter a lovely add-in to go deeper. Wilkin is a wonderful writer and her writing style is so smooth and easy to follow. I love how she takes these big topics and talks about them in such a way that anyone can understand them and perhaps see them clearly for the first time.

My only qualm, if you could call it that, is that the end questions and especially prayer were not really applicable for me at the time of reading it because I felt it would be too much to do that after each section all in the same week. The content is quite heavy and would be best applied (at least for me) over a length of time. I would love to reread this book over an extended period of time, to slowly dig into each chapter with focused prayer and work on that part of my spiritual walk.

That put aside, I loved this book and will most definitely come back to it (hopefully in the way I described above).

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Mysterious Benedict Society and the Prisoner's Dilemma

  The Mysterious Benedict Society and the Prisoner’s Dilemma by Trenton Lee Stewart is the third book in his children’s adventure series. W...