Monday, February 25, 2019

Once Upon a Prince Review


Once Upon a Prince by Rachel Hauck is a Christion Contemporary novel. Susanna Truitt is in no way a romantic with her life all planned out, until her high-school sweetheart boyfriend of 12 years breaks up with her. Now she is just trying to get her life back together again. Prince Nathaniel is on a last vacation before he is expected to soon take the throne in the midst of a tense political situation and is struggling with insecurities and doubts. When these two collide, their lives get tangled in life changing ways.


I loved this book and gave it 5 out of 5 books. This was such a fun and entertaining story. It was everything I wanted from a modern Christian Cinderella story. There was insta-love (which I am not always that fond of), but it worked for me here. The pacing was very strong and steady, and the story flew by. I liked the writing style; it was smooth and easy to read.

The characters were fascinating to follow. I liked watching them learn and grow. Their faith was fairly realistic and, if not, at least felt genuine. It was especially nice to see their faith grow and change them through the story. There were some nice lessons learned that we can apply to our own lives (I always appreciate practical application that can be gathered from a story). I also really liked that there was practically no sexual content but still had all the romantic feels one wants from a romance.

This book was exactly what I was hoping for and I am thrilled to continue with the series.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Mysterious Benedict Society and the Prisoner's Dilemma

  The Mysterious Benedict Society and the Prisoner’s Dilemma by Trenton Lee Stewart is the third book in his children’s adventure series. W...