Wednesday, February 20, 2019

Gregor and the Code of Claw Review


Gregor and the Code of Claw by Suzanne Collins is the fifth and last book in her middle grade fantasy Underland Chronicles. It picks up pretty much where we left off, and any more information may be too spoilery. 


I gave this book 4.5 out of 5 stars. I really enjoyed this book. Just like with the others it was thrilling and gripping and I flew through it. This last adventure took us through a whirlwind of emotions. I was constantly wondering what would happen next and how things would work out in the end.

The characters were of course amazing. They were still growing, learning, changing and being themselves. The best thing about them is how real they feel and how attached I have become to them over the course of the series. Of course, not all of them make it to the end, and none are left without scars (well maybe Boots), but it all felt very fitting and realistic.

My only problem was with the end itself, specifically that I felt it was left too open. I have far too many questions left unanswered and they are things I really want to know as I have become so invested in Gregor. It would have been better (in my opinion) if there had been an epilogue to give us at least a glimpse into some of the decisions Gregor made and what becomes of him.

Even so, I have loved reading this series. This is definitely a new favorite for me and one I may come back to re-experience.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Mysterious Benedict Society and the Prisoner's Dilemma

  The Mysterious Benedict Society and the Prisoner’s Dilemma by Trenton Lee Stewart is the third book in his children’s adventure series. W...