Friday, February 15, 2019

Surprised by Joy Review


Surprised by Joy by C S Lewis is an autobiographical account of his journey to faith.


I really liked this book. I gave it 4 out of 5 stars. The writing style was wonderful to read. I especially enjoyed this first-person perspective on his past and what events he felt were the most important and life changing. As with his other non-fiction, it was a slower read due to the literary quality of the writing, but that in no way diminished my pleasure in reading it.

Reading this book has both rekindled my desire to read more by Lewis and to look for a good biography of his whole life.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Mysterious Benedict Society and the Prisoner's Dilemma

  The Mysterious Benedict Society and the Prisoner’s Dilemma by Trenton Lee Stewart is the third book in his children’s adventure series. W...