Wednesday, January 23, 2019

Gregor and the Prophecy of Bane Review


Gregor and the Prophecy of Bane by Suzanne Collins is the second book in her middle grade fantasy Underland Chronicles. It follows fairly closely to the end of the first book. Gregor is back home with his family, but things haven’t gone as smoothly as he had thought they would. When Boots is kidnapped (clearly to the Underland) he chases after. Once there he is pulled into another prophecy and his quest is expected to affect the future of the Underland.


I gave this book 4.5 out of 5 stars. I really liked it. From the first page I was hooked and almost couldn’t even put it down. The story was fascinating and intriguing. Collins had twists and turns that totally took me by surprise, and I loved that. For the whole story I was on the edge of my seat beyond eager to see what was coming next, and it did not disappoint.

The characters of course were just as good and we got to see old and new characters continue to develop. I love seeing people change and grow in stories because of the things they go through; which surprisingly enough doesn’t always happen.

The only disappointment was that there were a few plot points that were left open at the end of the book. I am sure they will be addressed in the future books, but it is really hard to end the book without having the answers to those questions.

Overall, I liked it even more than the first one and can’t wait to get to the next book in the series.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Mysterious Benedict Society and the Prisoner's Dilemma

  The Mysterious Benedict Society and the Prisoner’s Dilemma by Trenton Lee Stewart is the third book in his children’s adventure series. W...