Monday, January 21, 2019

Mandie and the Cherokee Legend Review


Mandie and the Cherokee Legend by Lois Gladys Leppard is the second book in the Christian children’s Mandie Mysteries series. This book picks up right where we left off with Mandie, her mother and her uncle all headed to visit her Cherokee relatives. Their journey is filled with mishaps and adventures.


I gave this book a 3.5 out of 5 stars. The book was nice and enjoyable. Just like the first book, the writing style is easy, light and quick to read. It is perfect for the intended young girl audience. The plot wasn’t as catching for me as the first one; maybe it is the lack of a mystery (which is so ironic coming from me). But it was still good and strong and pretty interesting.

I really liked the emphasis on prayer throughout the story; that is a topic I really like to study and see expressed in books. I also found it very relatable for children to see how prayer can play a role in our lives. It also had a nice message of returning kindness (good) even when the person has been “bad” or “mean” etc. The Christian principles and messages were much stronger in this story than in the first book and I really enjoy seeing them represented in a child friendly (understandable) way.

Overall I am pleased with this read and look forward to see what direction this series takes.

Note: I do have a review of the first book Mandie and the Secret Tunnel available.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Mysterious Benedict Society and the Prisoner's Dilemma

  The Mysterious Benedict Society and the Prisoner’s Dilemma by Trenton Lee Stewart is the third book in his children’s adventure series. W...