Tuesday, January 15, 2019

Top Ten Tuesday: Top New to Me Authors of 2018


Last year I read a large number of books by new to me authors, far more than I can mention here. Many of them are seasoned authors and others only recently put out their debut novels. So, for this list I chose the ones I loved the most, but this is by no means all the ones I enjoyed.


1.      Kasie West – It should be no surprise that she made this list. She is a young 
      adult contemporary fiction writer. I have been loving her works and making 
      my way through them all ever since I came across her. I read 6 of her books in 
      2018.



2.      Andrew Peterson – He is a Christian fantasy writer. When I stumbled across his books, I didn’t know what to expect from them, but boy were they good. I read through his 4 book Wingfeather Saga in 2018.



3.      Eric Metaxas – He is a Christian biographer. I came across him by accident and fell in love with how he makes these people come to life on the page and I feel like I really get to know them. I read 2 of his books in 2018.



4.      Lynn Austin – She is a Christian fiction writer. I have heard of her and had one of her books on my shelf for years, but just never picked it up until now. Boy was that a mistake. I am thrilled with her works and look forward to many more good reads by her. I read 4 of her books in 2018.



5.      Donald S Whitney – I was recommended his works from a podcast I listen to and am so grateful for that recommendation. He is a Christian non-fiction writer that I have found to be so inspiring and helpful. I read 2 of his books in 2018.



6.      Elle Katherine White – She is a newer high fantasy writer. I loved reading her books. I saw a recommendation for her first book on “Jean Bookish Thoughts” YouTube channel and fell in love with it. You can’t imagine how excited I was to discover that it was being made into a series and the next book was coming out in 2018 (which of course I read as soon as I could).



7.      Diana Peterfreund – She writes over a number of genres. Like a few of these other authors on this list, I saw a recommendation for her works on a YouTube video from “Books for MKS”. I loved the first book of her dystopian classic retelling of Persuasion and I got the second book in that duology for Christmas. I look forward to checking out more of her works. 



8.      Helena Rookwood – She is an adult fantasy writer. I came across the first book in her river witch series and became enchanted with it. I have the next 3 books in the series, I just have to get to them. {I couldn't find a picture of her, so I put one of the book I read by her}



9.      Heather Dixon Wallwork – She is a young adult fantasy writer. I loved her book Entwined (it is one of my favorite books of the year). I have been a little hesitant to read more of her works just due to the fear that they may not rise to my high expectations, but I will try to move past that because they just might be other new loves.



10.   Jessica Townsend – She is a middle grade fantasy writer and her debut novel came out early 2018. I really liked it. The next book in her series came out in November, and I plan on reading it (I just have to wait for the library). I am looking forward to seeing more from her in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Mysterious Benedict Society and the Prisoner's Dilemma

  The Mysterious Benedict Society and the Prisoner’s Dilemma by Trenton Lee Stewart is the third book in his children’s adventure series. W...