Friday, December 21, 2018

Good Tidings of Great Joy Review


Good Tidings of Great Joy: A Collection of Christmas Sermons by Charles Spurgeon is (as the title says) a gathering of 8 sermons by Spurgeon on the topic of Christmas.


I meant to read this over the Tis the Seasonathon, but would have had to start the first day (to read one a day and finish on time). That didn’t happen, so I finished up a few days after. However, I am really pleased with the speed at which I read them, giving myself the time to fully dwell on what was said and let it soak in. They are just the right length, short enough to comfortably read one a day, but never feel stretched out or like they dragged on too long.

This is the first collection of sermons that I have ever read and I really enjoyed them. I found them interesting and thought provoking. It really is the perfect time of the year to be reading them (leading up to Christmas itself). Each one had a different perspective to give with new information and calls to the heart to hear and respond. I didn't necessarily agree with everything he said, but still learned and grew and enjoyed them. Reading these has encouraged me to try reading other sermons by both Spurgeon and others.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Mysterious Benedict Society and the Prisoner's Dilemma

  The Mysterious Benedict Society and the Prisoner’s Dilemma by Trenton Lee Stewart is the third book in his children’s adventure series. W...