Friday, December 14, 2018

The World's Last Night Review


The World’s Last Night by C S Lewis is a collection of Christian articles. They are predominantly Christian non-fiction with one Christian fiction satirical short story. The topics of the articles vary greatly: effectiveness of prayer, definition of belief, good works vs work, faith in relation to scientific discoveries, the second coming of Christ and “Screwtape Proposes a Toast”. It really is just a gathering of a handful of unrelated works into one book.


I gave this book 3.5 out of 5 stars. As with all of Lewis’s works, these are so well written. He has such a way with words. I also love how he lays everything out in such a logical and clear way. They were interesting pieces, but didn’t really speak into any area of my life. Nothing particularly touched me or gave me one of those “oh” or “aha” moments. Like I said, they were really thought provoking and interesting to read, just not the heart touchers that I am used to from Lewis. My favorite piece was the fiction short story. It was everything you expect from Lewis in fiction.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Mysterious Benedict Society and the Prisoner's Dilemma

  The Mysterious Benedict Society and the Prisoner’s Dilemma by Trenton Lee Stewart is the third book in his children’s adventure series. W...