Thursday, December 6, 2018

Growing in Gratitude Review


Growing in Gratitude by Mary K Mohler is a Christian non-fiction book on the topic (of course) of gratitude.


This is the exact book that I have been praying to find. It is 5 out of 5 stars and of course I loved it. I really liked her breakdown of what gratitude is and what that means. It was very helpful for her to then address those things that may block our thankfulness and how we might go about changing that. She was concise, clear and helpful in her definitions, examples and practical recommendations. I found her book convicting in a gentle, encouraging, and helpful way. Perhaps it is better to say I found it inspiring.

One thing I was really happy with was her constant reference to Scripture as the foundation of the topic and support for her recommendations. And next to that she made reference to a number of other resources (people and what they have written) that spoke into what she was addressing. The clear evidence of the time, energy and effort she put into the research and writing of this book strengthens my view of what she is saying.

Overall, it was exactly what I have been looking for and a book I think everyone should read.

1 comment:

  1. What encouragement it was for me to happen to find this kind review. Thank you for recognizing the time and energy it takes to produce even a simple book like this. It’s not at all as easy as it looks. I am so encouraged to know that my efforts were helpful to you. May we seek to grow and gratitude each day to our Lord who he is and for all he has done for us.
    Blessings in Christ!

    ReplyDelete

The Mysterious Benedict Society and the Prisoner's Dilemma

  The Mysterious Benedict Society and the Prisoner’s Dilemma by Trenton Lee Stewart is the third book in his children’s adventure series. W...